Thursday, November 10, 2011

Respect and Honor Rant.

I have changed the oil in my truck, my motorcycle,my lawnmower and my wifes car too many times to count. I have rotated tires, replaced brake pads and rotors, replaced filters, and made too many other minor repairs and maintenance activities to keep track of. When there are big issues, I defer to the experts and take the vehicle to a trained mechanic. I rarely argue with him, but often ask for an explanation. The point - no matter how many times I do those activities, all I am doing is playing mechanic. It does not make me an expert.

I say that because I am tired of seeing people disrespect the FMS system and the RKC system. I understand not agreeing with the FMS or the RKC, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has the right to choose whatever system they want to buy into and learn from. But people that are not trained in those systems or certified in those organizations have absolutely no business publicly representing either. I don't care if you do 500 FMS screens a year and teach 50 people how to do a get up - if you don't know the right way to do either you haven't done even 1 correctly. Quantity rarely trumps quality in regards to anything.

If you don't Respect the system and don't Honor the movements, you don't have the right to be respected or honored yourself. If your name isn't on this list (FMS) or this list (CK-FMS) then you have no right to be performing an FMS for personal or financial gain. If you are in the process of going thru the FMS Certification, that is different - you respected the system by going thru the system to learn the system.

I'm off my soapbox now. If you need tips on vehicle maintenance - ask an expert, not me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment